Current Cases

Spokesman: Scott Baio denies sexual misconduct claims | The News Tribune

Spokesman: Scott Baio denies sexual misconduct claims | The News Tribune

Scott Baio "is denying each and every one of the allegations" made against him by two of his former co-stars on "Charles in Charge," his spokesman said Wednesday.

Brian Glicklich read a brief statement from Baio at a news conference held in response to the latest claim of misconduct.

Former "Charles in Charge" actor Alexander Polinsky said at a news conference earlier in the day that Baio assaulted and "mentally tortured" him when he was a child star on the show in the 1980s. He said Baio exposed himself, discussed gay sex acts and once threw a hot cup of tea in his face.

Another star of the series, Nicole Eggert, came forward last month with claims that Baio sexually assaulted her when she was a minor while they were working together. Never miss a local story.

Sign up today for unlimited digital access to our website, apps, the digital newspaper and more.

SUBSCRIBE NOW Baio called those allegations false and said he and Eggert were involved in a consensual relationship when she was of legal age.On Wednesday, Jennifer McGrath, an attorney for Baio, characterized the claims by Polinsky and Eggert as "ever changing" and evidence of "continual hunger for publicity." Glicklich […]

No Comments Found

%d bloggers like this: