Survivors overwhelmingly reject USA Gymnastics settlement offer

Survivors overwhelmingly reject USA Gymnastics settlement offer

After invoking his right under the Fifth Amendment not to answer questions, former USA Gymnastics president Steve Penny, left, stands to walk from a Senate Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, June 5, 2018. The hearing is on “Preventing Abuse in Olympic and Amateur Athletics: Ensuring a Safe and Secure Environment for Our Athletes.” Seated right is former Michigan State president Lou Anna Simon. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster) USA Gymnastics’ $217 million proposal to settle sexual abuse claims against the organization will be overwhelming, likely unanimously, rejected by survivors, according to a survey by the Southern California News Group.

Attorneys for 512 of the 517 survivors who said they were sexually abused by former U.S. Olympic and women’s national team physician Larry Nassar and other USOPC and USA Gymnastics national team coaches and officials told SCNG this week that none of their clients would vote to accept the proposed settlement.

“No one is going to accept this and everybody agrees on that,” said Jon Little, an Indiana attorney for survivors.

Error 0:

As first reported by SCNG last month USA Gymnastics as part of reorganization plan filed with U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana proposed a settlement that divides survivors into four tiers with payments ranging from $1.25 million for Olympians and World Championship team members to $82,500 to other individuals.

But the settlement outlined in a disclosure statement filed with the bankruptcy court February 21 was met with outrage and […]

Thanks for reading. For more details, click on the \\\\\\\\ Survivors overwhelmingly reject USA Gymnastics settlement offer

No Comments Found

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: